Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Genealogy Go-Over

10/2/2019

I just downloaded the latest version of Thomas MacEntee's book, The Genealogy Do-Over Workbook, and have started reading it.  As I work through the process, I plan on documenting it here in the blog.

My goal is to validate my information by obtaining the necessary documents and siting sources.  I will work on each generation in both my family and my husband's family.

12/31/19

I finished reading the book and started on the process.  Didn't do a good job documenting here.  Did make notes on what to do.

Basically, I'm making sure that I have attached the media as a source for names, births, marriages, and death.  I'm also making sure I have newspaper clippings, census records, and land records.  Not sure if I'm going to do it a generation at a time or just take one surname and work it back.



No comments:

Post a Comment