Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Family Veterans

This is a follow-up to an earlier blog post on family veterans.

I've recently applied for membership in the Daughters of the American Revolution.   I'm using my ancestor Thomas Pinson.  He provided supplies.  I really wanted to use my ancestor George Belcher, who actually did serve in the Revolutionary War.

A year later, I'm now submitting a supplemental application for Patrick Porter.  Yay!  He actually served under Capt. Joseph Martin in Virginia.  He was also a juryman, commissioner of taxes, and furnished supplies.  His son, Samuel, also an ancestor, also qualifies as a soldier serving under Capt. Joseph Martin and Col. Evan Shelby.

Another ancestor that I qualify to submit a supplemental is James Alley.  He was a juror in 1779, a constable in 1780, and furnished supplies.

I am also looking at Moses Hurt (Sr), Crispin Shelton,  and Josiah Fugate.



No comments:

Post a Comment