Sunday, June 2, 2024

2024 Week 16: Step - Lucy Elizabeth Cram Loshbaugh Keesee

 I’ll look at the step relationships in my family tree.  The first known “step” was my Great Grandma Lucy.  Grandma Lucy was born 22 Sept 1892 in Minnesota to Frederick Guy Cram and Mary Elizabeth Chapman.  Her first marriage was to Theron Loshbaugh.  She married my Great Grandfather, George Wilby Keesee on 22 Oct 1941 in Payette, Idaho.  They were both widowed at the time of their marriage according to the county Marriage Register.



No children were born of this union.

It is my understanding that Grandma Lucy started out being George’s housekeeper.  I’m not sure when that started.  Her first husband, Theron Loshbaugh, passed away in 1938 in Bandon, Coos County, Oregon.  She is not listed in the 1939 City Directory for Lewis County, Washington.  George is listed as living in Glenoma. 



The 1940 Federal Census shows that they were husband and wife and that they lived in Missouri in 1935 (although this can't be right).  



1946 City Directory has them living in Centralia.



1949 City Directory has them living on Washington.


The 1949-1950 Directory has them with the same box as 1946 with a family member having the same box as listed in the 1949 directory.




The 1950 census has them living in the house that I visited when I was growing up.  However, the street name changed from Washington to Sandra.



By 1957, the box number changed again.  However, I know that they never moved.



1958 City Directory:



George passed away on 27 Oct 1964 in his home.

Grandma Lucy continued to live in the home until her health required her to live with her family in Oregon.  She passed away 6 Jun 1986 in Myrtle Point, Coos County, OR.


No comments:

Post a Comment