Thursday, May 30, 2024

2024 Week 15 - School Days

 I have previous blog posts about my school days.

·      Kindergarten

·      1st Grade

·      2nd & 3rd Grade

·      4th Grade

·      5th & 6th Grade

·      Junior High (7th & 8th Grade)

·      9th Grade (Freshman)

·      Sophomore & Junior

·      Senior Year

·      My First Dance

·      First Crush

·      Getting my Driver’s License

Oh my, the memories those brought back. Extracurricular activities included Girl Scouts, 4-H, and Search & Rescue.

My Dad attended Galvin School, Washington School (8th Grade only), and Centralia High School.  Dad was involved with band and FFA.

My Mom attended various schools in Centralia (including the old Washington School) as well as Rochester High school.

Of my grandparents, only my grandmothers graduated from High School.  My maternal grandmother graduated from Chehalis High School and my paternal grandmother graduated from LaGrande High School in Oregon.  Both grandfathers only went through 11th Grade according to the 1940 Federal Census.

The 1940 Census also indicated that my Paternal Great Grandparents, William Kludt went through the 5th Grade and Susan Reisner, his wife, went through the 8th Grade. Maternal Great Grandpa George Keesee went through the 6th Grade.  Maternal 2nd Great Grandmother, Clara Young Reynoldson made it through the 8th Grade. Maternal Great Grandparents, Raymond Reynoldson and his wife, Bernice Stead, went through 11th Grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment