Tuesday, May 14, 2024

2024 Week 10 - Language

            I know that the Kludt/Ahrendt/Reisner families spoke German as I have the family Bible that was given to William & Susan when they got married.  It was written in German and they wrote the names of their children in German.  However, it appears that they no longer spoke German or acknowledged their German heritage sometime in the 1930’s.

       Sometimes I wished that I had taken German as a foreign language in high school.  However, I took up Spanish.  Of course, I haven’t used it in a very long time.  Whereas German would have been useful in my family research.

       My son took Japanese in high school for his foreign language.  His reasoning was because of computer gaming.  And he was in Japan during his military time for a brief period.  Had no need to use the language (besides had forgotten most of it by then).

No comments:

Post a Comment