Monday, May 27, 2024

2024 Week 13 - Worship

         The Kludt family were of the Lutheran Faith.  Dorothea Ahrendt Kludt, according to her obituary notice in October 1919, was baptized and confirmed in the Lutheran church.  She was living at the Lutheran Old Peoples’ Home in Muscatine, Iowa at the time of her death.

   I also have copies of church records from Mecklenburg (Germany) of birth, baptism, deaths, and marriages that occurred in the Parchim or Frauenmark Parishes of the Lutheran church.

   The Ahrendt family were also of the Lutheran faith in Mecklenburg as well per copies of church records.

   I believe the Reissner family were also members of the Lutheran church.  I have a copy of the church record in Iowa of the marriage of Susannah Catherina Reissner to Wilhelm Edvard Kludt in 1889.  I also have copies of the church records reflecting deaths in 1907 of Margaretha Reisner and in 1912 of Maria Margaret Reisner.  The Reisner family immigrated from Bavaria.  I haven’t done research in that region, yet.

My maternal line were of the Baptist faith.  I have copies of the Sardis Association of Regular Baptists (Pike County, Kentucky) annual minutes reflecting obituary announcements of various family members – including John W Bevins, Cynthia Hurt Bevins, Elbert Bevins, and George W Keesee.  This would include the Maynard and Lowe families as well.

My personal faith has been mixed.  When I was growing up (in grade school), I attended the Free Methodist Church in Centralia.  Then in high school, I attended Calvary Assembly of God Church (also in Centralia). I became dissatisfied with them and started attending a different church known as Open Bible Community Church.  When I moved to Olympia in the early 1980’s, I started looking for a new church to attend.  That was when I found Westwood Baptist Church.  I became a member of the church in the mid-to-late 1980’s.  I am still a member of that church even though I have moved back to the Centralia area and am now attending Mountain View Baptist Church.  

No comments:

Post a Comment