Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sharing Memories Week 24: Some of My Favorite Books

My mom was (and is) an avid reader.  I knew how to read before  I was in Kindergarten.  My first books were the Dr Seuss books.  One of my favorites was Are you My Mother?.  Other favorites included short stories about Little Brown Koko (it was a book that belonged to my dad when he was little).

Summers were spent joining the summer reading program at the local Timberland Regional Library.  Other books I read were the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder, a series of books about Sue Barton and her career in nursing, Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce Indians, Narcissus and Marcus Whitman.  I read Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys series.  Black Beauty.  Anne of Green Gables series.  Trixie Belden series.  Diary of Anne Frank.

As a teen, I would read my mom's books - Harlequin Romances, books by Phyllis A Whitney, Mary Stewart, Victoria Holt, Barbara Cartland, Georgette Heyer.  I also loved reading all the Charles Schultz Peanuts books.

I still read the various Harlequin Romance series.

No comments:

Post a Comment