Friday, January 12, 2024

2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 

    Do I have a favorite photo?  Most photos I take are scenic or sometimes of family.  I have lots of family photos that I got from various family members.  So, it is hard to choose a favorite. 

         When I was growing up, my Mom’s family got together for Thanksgiving.  We always had a photo taken.  Location varied every year – was usually at a Grange or Community Hall as we were a very large group.  This one was taken in 1964 when I was almost 5 years old.  This is of my grandparents EB & Fern Keesee with their grandchildren.  There would have been 18 of us at the time.  From oldest to  youngest:  Theresa Gassin, Ed Gassin, Rhonda Keesee, Dennis Gassin, Keith Keesee, Alan Gassin, Michael Keesee, Patrick Keesee, Julie Sandell, Sandra Gassin, Dana Keesee, Marcy Kludt (me), Mark Sandell, Cindy Keesee, Rick & Rand Sandell (twins), Junior Gassin, Greg Sandell, and Eddie Kludt (the baby).

         Later on, we would get together in July for a family reunion campout.  The Gassins would always show up late – in the middle of the night.  I don’t have any photos from these times.  However, the family still gets together.  This photo is of the siblings that were still living in 2011. JoAnne Sandell, Pete Keesee, Pam Pariseau, Bob Keesee, Pat Spaeth, Joyce Kludt, and Dot Gassin (seated).  And here’s a photo of everyone attending the 2009 Family Reunion at a KOA Kampground along the Oregon coast outside of Astoria. No way am I able to name everyone!

         Besides family gatherings, I love taking photos of our various vacations, Christmas, Memorial Day celebrations, and Veterans Day.

         I think my most favorite photo is of my Dad’s parents at Christmas 1964.  This was the last Christmas Grandma was alive.  I was only five years old when she passed away.  Papa lived until 1975.

1 comment:

  1. Like you, it was hard for me to pick just one photo. I loved reading your story.

    ReplyDelete