Thursday, April 17, 2014

#10 Movie Time

Movies were expensive for us so we didn't go very often when I was growing up.  The earliest memory I have is when the family went to the drive-in theater.  I think it was a Disney movie like Mary Poppins or Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang.  We brought our own popcorn and I don’t think we (my brother and I) made it through the entire movie before falling asleep in the back seat.

When I was in high school, I remember meeting a girlfriend at our local movie theater (Fox Theater in Centralia, WA) and we saw “I Never Promised You a Rose Garden”.  Not what I expected.

I didn’t have any dates when I was in high school, so movies were a rarity.  Again, because we didn't have the finances.

I've gone to more movies as an adult.  The first date with my husband was at the Capitol Theater in downtown Olympia.  We saw an old Hitchcock movie (The Birds or the Rear Window – can’t remember which).  That was neat – we had popcorn and soda pop right in the seating area.


No comments:

Post a Comment