Henry Secor was born c1822 in New York. He married a Lydia and they had at least four children – Abel, Mary Jane, Roland, & Lenora.
· 1850 Federal Census – Swan Township, Noble County, Indiana. Lists Henry at age 28 as a farmer born in New York. Members of household include Lydia (22), Abel (4), and Mary J (4/12). Lydia was born in New York, Abel in Michigan, & Mary J in Indiana.
· 1860 Federal Census – Avilla, Allen Township, Noble County, Indiana. Lists Henry at age 38 as a farmer born in New York. Members of household include Lillia (31), Abel (12), Mary (10), Roland (6), and Lenora (3). Lillia was born in New York, Abel in Michigan, and the rest in Indiana.
· 1870 Federal Census – Elkhart, Barigo Township, Elkhart County, Indiana. Lists Henry at age 48 as a farmer, born in New York. Cannot Write. Members of household include Ann Eliza (25), Rowlan G (15), Lenora (13), Ida A (4), James E (2), and Manuel (1). Ann’s occupation was keeping house and she was born in Ohio. All the others were born in Indiana.
· https://histfam.familysearch.org//familygroup.php?familyID=F58872&tree=Hagerman has this family with Lydia’s maiden name being Tuttle. Henry born 22 Nov 1820 in Gennesse, New York and died 5 Mar 1893 in Elkhart, Elkhart County, Indiana and marrying Lydia 13 Mar 1845. Lydia was born 1829 in New York and died 23 Apr 1861 in Noble County, Indiana. Lists children as G Henry Able born Nov 1847 in Indiana and died 5 Oct 1907 in Hagerman, Lincoln County, Idaho. He married Sarah Jane Clemens. Second child is Mary Jane born Feb 1849 in Swan, Noble County, Indiana and died 1 May 1927 in Hammond, Clatsop County, Oregon and marrying Emanuel S Swinehart on 28th Jun 1870 in Albion, Noble County, Indiana. Third child is George Roland born 17 Oct 1854 in Avilla, Noble County, Indiana. Last child is Lanora A born 13 April 1857 in Allen, Noble County, Indiana and died 25 Dec 1934 in Noble County, Indiana.
· http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=40388255 has this information on Henry Secor. “Secor Henry, who died at Elkhart on Sunday, was born November 22, 1820 in Genesee County, New York and was married to Miss Lydia Tuttle March 13, 1845. They moved to Avilla in 1850, and to them were born six children, four of whom are living. Mrs. Secor died in 1862, and on October 4, 1864, Mr. Secor was married to Emmaliza Crawford, who though now an invalid, survives him. They had six children, all of whom are living. In March 1870 the family moved to Elkhart County, where they have since resided. Funeral services were held at the residence Tuesday. Interment in Osceola Cemetery. Obituary from The Whan Collection at the Noble County Public Library. “
· 1880 Federal Census – Baugo, Elkhart, Indiana (compilation – I don’t have the actual census record) indicates that Henry Seacor was 59, a farmer, born in New York, both parents were born in New York. Marired to Emma (35) born in Ohio. Children listed as Ida (14), Emmett (13), Emanuel (11), Perry M (7), Edwin (6), and Ella (3) all born in Indiana.